For those who would like to help Taeyang on the weekend music shows, here’s a guide on how fans can help gain points towards winning on SBS Inkigayo and MNet M!Countdown.
SBS Inkigayo – June 22 (Sunday) show starts at 3:05PM KST
Advanced Voting (Sunday 12AMKST to Saturday 11.59PM KST)
- Digital Sales Score (60%) – Melon, Bugs & Soribada etc
- SNS Score (35%) – SBS uses Gaon Social Chart
- Advanced Voting via M&TV Talk App (5%) (Tutorial here. Search for #태양 #눈코입 and vote)
Live Broadcast (only applies if artist is in TOP 3)
- Overall Score of Advanced Voting
- Live Voting (SMS & Participation in M&TV Talk app) – 10%
Live voting only starts once they’ve announced on broadcast that viewers are allowed to vote.
Digital Sales Scores
This includes streaming/downloading from Korea’ s largest music sites such as MelOn, Bugs, Mnet, Soribada etc. To download or stream, you have to have an official membership account and pay. (A guide on how to stream songs from MelOn can be found here.) Previews will not count towards streaming scores.
SBS Inkigayo uses Gaon Social Chart which includes participation from Youtube, Twitter, Facebook & Me2Day. You may also sign up for an account on Gaon’s Social Chart website to add SNS scores to Taeyang.
25% Twitter (Search – 40%, Mentions – 30%, Retweets – 30%)
- Follow Taeyang’s Twitter!
- Include hashtags #태양 or #눈코입 in your tweets. Don’t tweet both hashtags together side by side or place them at the front or end of the tweet or it may be marked as spam. Don’t have more than 2 hashtags per tweet.
- Search, Mention, Reply, Retweet @realtaeyang as much as possible.
- Like, Comment and Share posts from Taeyang’s official Facebook as much as you can!
40% Youtube (Likes – 10%, Comments – 20% , Views – 70%)
- Only views towards the official MV counts! Watch the official MV here.
- Watch the MV till the end, with no pauses or the view may not count. (Preferably 720p and up)
- Do not replay or refresh the MV, use a new tab and search for the MV again.
- Clear history after 10 plays and empty cookies/cache after an hour.
- Utilise different devices to play the MV (laptop, tablets, iphone, ipad etc)
Gaon Social Chart Website
Sign up for an account on Gaon’s Website. Watch the MV on the site and share via twitter/facebook/me2day. Watching the MV on the website will add points to Taeyang’s SNS Score. Same rules applies when watching MV via youtube. (We’re unsure if Taeyang will be included on the site as it reflects rankings till 1st June. However, it’s been said that YG Artists/SM Artists are never reflected on the site)
Live Voting Participation (SMS) – (if Taeyang is in TOP 3)
Use free online Global SMS sites like e-freesms or smsrr or slidesms to send your vote via text message. Do note that only 1 IP address is allowed to send one vote. Do not send multiple votes via text as it will be counted as spam and will cause penalty/disqualification.
- Choose Country – South Korea
- Type #태양 and send it to 00821245 or1245 (if you’re in Korea)
- Remember to send it only once! Spamming with votes from the same phone number or IP address may be counted as a penalty towards that artist.
- Voting will start and end once MC has announced on broadcast. (SMS voting sent before broadcast or before MC announces do not count)
MNET MCountdown (Thursdays, 6PM KST)
- 50% Digital Music chart/sales (Mnet, Melon, Soribada, Bugs)
- 10% Rating (Global Fan Voting + Age Preference)
- 10% Album chart/sales (Hanteo, Synnara, and Hot Tracks)
- 10% Live Broadcast Voting
- 10% Social Media Score (Youtube Official MV + SNS data)
- 10% Broadcast Score
Advanced Voting Period is from Friday 11am KST – Monday 9am KST. Vote for Taeyang on MCountdown’s Online Poll during this period. A registered ID on MWAVE can also vote via MKorea/Japan. You may also vote via Facebook/Twitter (each email/twitter/FB account can have one vote each.) Current Ratings are updated every 30 minutes and are based on votes from Mnet Global + Mnet Korea + Mnet Japan. (Contributes 5% to Mcountdown score)
Live Voting Participation (SMS) – (if Taeyang is in TOP 10)
Use free online Global SMS sites like e-freesms or smsrr or slidesms to send your vote via text message. Do note that only 1 IP address is allowed to send one vote. Do not send multiple votes via text as it will be counted as spam and will cause penalty/disqualification. Contributes 5% to M Countdown Score
Choose Country – South Korea
- Type #태양 and send it to 00822566 or 2566 (if you’re in Korea)
- Remember to send it only ONCE and when MC has announced voting has started.
Search태양 on popular Korean Sites
Doing a search on Taeyang on popular Korean Sites will also enhance chances of winning as this will count towards SNS points. Preferable to do it while you’re logged in and during broadcasts/promotion period.
Physical Album Sales
Physical Album Sales plays an important part to winning scores and this is usually calculated via Hanteo/Gaon Charts. When purchasing Taeyang’s album, do make sure that it counts towards either charts. YG E-Shop counts towards Hanteo Charts and so does Synnara, Dvdheaven, YesAsia, Kpoptown and Kpopmart.
- Hanteo – Counts towards daily, weekly and month sales. (used for Music Shows)
- Gaon – Count towards yearly sales for amount of album sold.
SBS Inkigayo & MCountdown
- http://vod.sbs.co.kr/onair/onair_index.jsp?Channel=SBS (SBS)
- http://mwave.interest.me/video/onair.m (MCountdown)
- http://kpopstreamonline.blogspot.com (Both)
Guide By: Allthingstaeyang & Alwaystaeyang
Let us know if we missed anything on the guide! (And do try to help out if you can – every little bit helps.)