UPDATE 2: Thanks to everyone who sent letters! We actually have more than we planned for (more than 50 messages!) – which is a really good thing! We’re working on the layout now and will update you all when its been sent off.
UPDATE: We’re working on the layout this weekend so we can still take letters till Sunday, April 28! Thanks to a generous donation, we can include more messages than initially planned. We’ve got some really great letters already and we’re trying our best to send Taeyang as many messages as possible so do send in your emails!
It’s Burstday time again! Since Taeyang is planning to release a new album “soon” we wanted to do another message book project to send him both our birthday wishes and give him encouragement and positive energy for his new music.
Our theme is “Journey to Real”. We are looking for messages of fans who have loved, love and will love him for those unique qualities that made him special then till now, and our hopes for him in the future.
Whether he’s YB Taekwon, Taeyang, Sol, Youngbeezy or Teydaddy, and as he works hard to get closer to his dream of finding what is “Real” in himself and his music, we want him to know that fans are also sharing his journey with him and are wishing him the best.
We would like letters that answer the following questions.
- How I became a fan
- What makes Taeyang special and unique to me?
- My birthday wish for Taeyang and in the future.
- Please keep letters to 250 words at most.
- Please email messages to email@example.com by
April 26April 28. We’ll take care of printing and shipping for the message book.
- You may sign with your real name or username and please include the country where you are from BUT do not include personal information such as your email or address. For security reasons, we will exclude all other personal information except name and country.
- Letters should be in english.
- You may send fanart related to the theme if you like. Please keep quality HQ (around 1500×1200 pixels preferred for scans/photos.) This is completely optional.
- We may edit your letter for length and clarity (also to make it easier for Taeyang to read since he is not completely fluent.) We may also edit letters for language that may make him uncomfortable. Should we edit your letter, we will write you back to get your permission on the final copy, though we exercise editorial prerogative on what is finally used.
- We realize that these are personal letters to Taeyang and will not post your letter on the blog without your permission. The reason we wanted to collect it in a book is for presentation purposes (and since it is easier for him to keep), and letters focused on a particular theme has a greater impact and likelihood of being remembered.
- We are planning on printing only 30 pages of messages (though we can extend as much as the printing budget allows.) First come, first serve – so please send your messages as soon as you can!
For those who want a sample of our last message project, this is what we did in 2011 (Sample pages from the last project 1,2,3,4) As always, we are counting on you guys for your support so I hope we can make this a success together!