May 18 is coming up and a certain somebody is turning 23 (24 in Korea)! Since one of Taeyang’s often stated wishes is to travel more often (and this is an international fansite) we wanted to make a little Travel themed gift to send to Taeyang to remind him that it’s a big world and he has to get out there more often! Join us in ATY’s 3RD Burstday Project!! Time is short but we’re going to make this happen! =)
Post card messages:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org short message for YB (200 words max). This will be included into added as postcards messages for him.
- Answer 2 questions:
- What do you like about his music or how his music made an impact on you?
- What is your birthday wish for him?
- You may sign with your real name or username and please include the country you are from BUT do not include personal information such as your email or address. We will exclude all entries with these information.
- Letters should be in English or Korean.
- You can also send a picture or graphic with your message (this is not required and only a few will be used but it would help out with the final product). The picture or graphic can be
- Represents your country or city, or would recommend YB to visit (keep it clean ladies, we’re not sending any pictures of your bedrooms). It can be your favorite spot (beach, mountains, clubs, park etc), food, sport, celebration/festival, artist etc. You can be as creative as you want.
- You can include a picture of your Taeyang merchandize (Solar album etc) in the picture if you like.
- It can be a drawing, photograph, graphic (ex: I ❤ NY) or whatever – you can be as artistic as you are able. You can even do it by hand and scan it
Date for messages have passed
And a little gift:
- Aside from the messages, we wanted to send YB a little travel themed gift from all of us. What it will be depends on how generous y’all are.
- It’s really a token guys but we need your help in deciding so here is this nifty little poll which tells us which is most desirable. If we collect enough we’ll get him everything, if not we’ll just get him the higher ranked items. You’re limited to your top 2 choices. Poll IS NOW CLOSED.
DONATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. We’ll keep you updated on how much we receive and a final list of what the items are. We will also be posting a picture update once everything is finally assembled and the book
So that’s it – questions, suggestions and advice welcome in the comments below! We’d really like you all to participate in any way you can. If you have any specific questions you can email me at email@example.com or tweet me at @toozdae518 (I usually respond to tweets faster).
———— UPDATE 3————-
Gift Poll and Donations are officially closed as of now and we have collected all the messages. Thanks to everyone who participated and were so generous!
We have collected USD 277 which, aside from the Message Book, is enough for the following gifts: Obey the Boston T Shirt, R&B Guide and the World Map . Unfortunately, the other 2 shirts on the list (Adidas and Pixel) are now out of stock and we don’t have enough for the bag. So in place of the Adidas shirt which was 3rd on the poll, we will select an alternative shirt as an added gift.
With all the messages we have so far, our estimated costs for printing the message book stands at USD55 and there is also a cost of shipping it. Anything left over after printing and packaging is finalized goes to the Japan Red Cross as planned. The ATY staff will contribute the funds for shipping separately.
We will post more detailed information and pictures later when the message book is finalized and things have been prepared for shipping.
*We have collected over 90 messages and we will be including all of them in the message book
Also here’s another snapshot of how one of the pages of the message book looks like (every page looks different but this should give you the general idea).